Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

smokegrenade_a_mp?

• Please log in to reply

Silverdevil

Silverdevil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been working on a map for coduo for awile I can get on the map by myself when others try to connect they get an error " could not find altWeapon 'smokegrenade_a_mp' for weapon 'smokegrenade_mp.
this is on a new computer with a clean install, at this time the map is very basic I have another computer set up and get the same message when I try to go onto the server (set up on this puter).any help would be wonderful. Thanks

Advertisements

IO-error

IO-error

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
It's because the client, the ones that try to connect to you, don't have your custom weapon pack.

You will have to send the package to every player that wants to get on there.
At least, this is how it works with most of the games.
Althought some games also have the possibility to download the package on it's own and use it as a mod. (like UnrealTournament series)

Silverdevil

Silverdevil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes coduo has download,I have not made any or added any mods,the map is basic.I am thinking that since the map is not finnished and I do not have a gsc file that somehow that is the problem.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
that would be it.