Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Documents: Open in Word Document

• Please log in to reply

norms corner

norms corner

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
:whistling: This JUST started two days ago. I have many documents, etc etc in the MY DOCUMENTS section ... Most of those documents, etc are WORD documents.. Some are Excel, some JPEGs, PowerPoint, etc....Normally if I want to bring up(click onto) anything in the My Documents, I can get it with no problems. NOW... as of two days ago.. I cannot bring up anything that is of Word Document orgin UNLESS I right click on it and in the OPEN WITH part, click open with word.. then it will open. What happened? why this all of a sudden.. No problem on double clicking on any of the excel, etc etc documents/pictures in the MY DOCUMENTS part... Just the "things" of Microsost word origin.... I must have clicked something 1-2 days ago that has now affected this... Any ideas?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Open any folder, go to Tools>Folder Options, choose File Types, scroll to the file type you are having problems with, hit the Change buttom and change it to open with the program it should open with.

norms corner

norms corner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
:whistling: Tyger:

Incredible.. I NEVER NEVER would have thought of that.. You are a genius. Thank you so very very much for your assistance... the answer was great.. HOWEVER.. Instead of "opening any folder", I just highlightted ONE of the many folders and then went to tools, etc etc as you told me to do.. Anyway.. I did it just for ONE folder and ALL are operating OK now.... So much to learn.. Again. thanks Tyger....... Norm