Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can someone plz help me find and install the right driver

• Please log in to reply

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Windows is looking fo an .inf file. If the drivers are in the form of a zip or exe file open them and they should install a flolder with an inf file in it. Just browse to that foldeer when asked.

Advertisements

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
lol i dint realise with all my refreshing there was a page 2 ......thankyou for your reply again.are you able to direct me from that part where i have to pick that file on where it would be or how i can get it to the right spot....this is where my problem has been since finding these files.....also when i have done this will the drivers name then be added to the driver list? thank for your patience.oz.

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
hahahahahahahaha WOW this is the 1st time ive seen this site in colour yea thats right......bad the real sad news is.....ahhh go on a whack me one lol ...well (blushes lol) about 1 1/2 years ago a mate worked at this palce where they were throwing away software.....and i said grab me some...well he got me a usefull windows 98 disk and a useless " apg 3d graphics & vidieo accelorator" usless lol well i put it in on the chance it coulnt do anyworse..installed it... started up the pc and COLOUR ......man im so happy.

so a BIG THANKS TO all THAT HELPED atleasted with all you hard work it gave me me the thought to try somthing else. thanks so much ppl.
after i now experience the net again with ease and in colour i'll get back with the details of the driver i used for any ppl in the future with the same problem that search the net. =] .oz_herb......now in colour!!!!

ozherb

ozherb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
if any one is interested in the future for the same problem the driver i used was -
nvidia riva tnt2..see ya.oz.