Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Liquid Crystals in laptop repair?

• Please log in to reply

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hi, recently i broke my laptop [the crystal's behind the screen] and i was wondering what do you think it will cost me to get it fixed. It is under gaurantee but i don't think the company will pay for this as it is damagednot a fault. I do not have it insured either. [stupid i know]

Thank You.

Iain.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
your best bet is to see if the damage is covered under the waranty...if it's not it could be $100+ to fix the LCD...they aren't always the cheapest parts...if it's literally just the screen that's busted..you might be able to find a replacement screen on ebay...or by doing a google search for the LCD for your model laptop....it's a rellatively easy replacement..but can get tricky depending on the laptop