Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows XP and Phillips 512MB

• Please log in to reply

radiana

radiana

• Pip
  • 3 posts
[font=Palatino Linotype]

So thankful I found you guys. I appreciate any help you can give me. First let me say that except for shopping and googleing on the computer I have no idea what makes it work or how to program or any of that. I recently purchased a Phillips 512MB, I could not afford a real IPOD but I didn't need anything fancy just something I could store some music in to help with my walking excercise.

I was able to burn and sinc and get some music into the device but I could not see how to organize it into folders and I would have started over again but couldn't see how to erase the music I transfered in the first place. The little instruction booklet did not give the best instructions and there was no way of calling into Phillips to get help. I don't know if it's my media player or the audio player that is the problem. Again let me say that I might as well be in kindergarten as far as understanding how to operate these things so if anyone finds it in their heart to help me please use simple words.

Thanks again. Radiana

Edited by radiana, 05 March 2007 - 01:20 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you scroll through the iPod's Menu commands? You should be able to "Add New Folder", name it and transfer your music into each folder you made to sort it all out. Don't use iPods so this may be only a iTunes feature.

Ron

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Ron he doesn't have an iPod, he/she has a Phillips 512MB MP3 player. radiana try creating a "music" folder when browsing the mp3 player, and dragging and dropping MP3s into there. If this doesn't work get me any serial codes, or the full name for the mp3 player so I can look into it deeper

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
to clarify sam's suggestion...open up "my computer" you should see your C:\ drive floppy drive cd rom drive...etc...whatever drives you have...is the philips player listed here as well? if so you should be able to double click it and open it just like any other drive/folder.

as a note...MOST if not all MP3 players track the songs by ID3 tags not by file name/folders....so folders aren't needed to keep "CDs" in tact (like...keeping the tracks together when accessed by the player) this usually removes the need for folders

radiana

radiana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you so much for the advice. I can't go through the steps today but I will try to get my husband to look over the advice and help me with it tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Ron he doesn't have an iPod, he/she has a Phillips 512MB MP3 player.

Would you believe I looked this up on the internet and still typed iPod? Must be "old timer;s". :whistling:

Ron