Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help me get my sound back.

• Please log in to reply

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Please run the Report Wizrd with these choices: Hardware Related Pages, Plain Text. When the report is displayed, you'll have the option of "Save to File". Save the report to a .txt file and attach it to your reply to this thread ==> You should see a Browse button next to an UPLOAD button just below the text input area.

Please check the Device Manager again and let me know what device still has problems. If the audio controller isn't installed, you won't have sound no matter which speakers you attach. The root problem is not the speakers.

Did you try to install the drivers from the INF folder for the D845GLAD motherboard that I provided? If so, what happened during the install?

Advertisements