Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Building Help

• Please log in to reply

reepzo

reepzo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay.

So i wanna have something to do over the summer and im tired of the computer i have right now its old and its just dying on me more n more as the years pass by.

2.0Ghz Processor
1GB of Ram (I installed)
60GB HD
Integraged Graphics/Sound Card (Pure Crap)

So i wanna build me a PC that will run good n everything i need.
Im a gamer so i wanna build something that will help me get the best results.

First off im only gonna be spending.. 600 bucks tops on this project as i am only 16yrs old and my budget is all that godly.

First off Motherboard/Processors: Im literally retarded when it comes to the motherboard processor i understand some parts. So im in need of help right now. anyone?

MotherBoard/Processor help first and we'll run it down from there.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo!
To tell you the truth, I'd be a waste of time to prepare what to buy for a build in the summer, things are abuot to change pretty drastically between now and then. The R600 GPU's being released and processor prices being slashed, so we can't even make a build that will fit your budget at that time.
My suggestion, sit tight and read lots! Once you are one month before your build come back and ask. That will be the right time for these questions. IF there is anything you'd like me to clarify, feel free to ask.
If you want information on specific parts of a computer, you'd be better to search it on wikipedia, that is a great ressource for information on computer parts and then google other things afterwards. After read articles and needing things to be clarified come to use, I, as well as others would be glad to help.
James