Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with USB2.0 Driver for P5RD1-VM Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

geekako

geekako

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have a ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard and it says in the box and in websites that it's usb ports are usb2.0. In the cd included, a driver for USB2 is included but it only says that if I'm running on a XP service pack 1 or higher then the system already has the driver for usb2. I am using service pack 2 and I can seem to get my usb2 to work. i am searching for a driver online but can't find anything. i don't know waht company manufactured the usb.

in the device manager window, my pci to usb open host controller is ALI but cant seem to find a driver for it.
anybody know how to fix this problem? Where can I download a driver?

I attached a screenshot of my device manager (if it helps)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
get to your system's bios settings and look for a setting to enable usb 2.0 alot of times it's not enabled by default

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Yes, and make sure your chipset drivers are installed. they may have the right drivers.

PS: I see that you have an enhanced host controller listed. That is one way of listing a USB 2.0 device but it may be an add on card.

Edited by Tyger, 06 March 2007 - 05:01 PM.

geekako

geekako

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
First of all, thank you for your replies.
I tried what you guys said. I went to the bios setup and go to USB Config. here are the original setings.

USB Controller: USB OHCI + EHCI
Legacy USB Support: Enabled
USB 2.0 Controller Mode: Hi Speed
BIOS EHCI Hand Off: Enabled

I saw that USB 2.0 is already set to high speed but i chose full speed and returned back to hi speed. When I loaded my OS again, a USB 2.0 Root Hub is found and installed. but when i connected my ipod this time, it said again that "the device will run faster when using USB2.0"....

I noticed that i still doesn't have a USB2.0 controller in my device manager. i read online that i have to have this... what should i do.

I attached again some screen shots it might help

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

thank you.