Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help with Cool Edit Pro aka Adobe Audition

• Please log in to reply

Giggleheimer

Giggleheimer

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I'm using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 on my computer as a DAW, and I'm still learning the ropes.
As helpful as the help section implemented with this program is, it's not quite specific enough to help me here with the problems I have listed below.

I should mention first that I plug my guitar directly into the back of the computer through the microphone port (the pink one on a Dell - right?) using a different jack that fits into the input on the guitar at one end. Whether it's the microphone port or not I don't know, but the microphone was there before it :help:

And if any of this gets confusing, skip on to my edit on the last line for the ultimate of my problems explained in one handy sentence!

1.Firstly, I need to know what device to select if I was to record a drum beat from a drum machine program on my computer (basically if I were recording directly from sounds on the computer)

2. Secondly, I wish to be able to hear myself playing through the speakers as I record the track. I believe this is called monitoring, but in the Help section of this program monitoring is something completely different. Can anyone enlighten me?

3. Lastly (and this is the big "uh oh" on my part), while I was trying to figure out how to solve Problem 1, I messed around with the order of the recording devices, and now, when I try to record the guitar as I had been doing before through the port at the back, the whole thing flatlines and I get no sound at all! And before you ask, everything is plugged in fine thanks :help:
I must've done something to mess it up, but try as I might to put the recording devices in the right order, I don't know which is which so I'm screwed!

Basically, which device is the one for recording the guitar directly and how do I put it back?

I'm a desperate man, and actually can't record any further without help! :whistling:

Thanks, I eagerly await the expertise of someone who uses DAWs, and maybe even this one, just anyone!

EDIT: To make it simple, now when I press record, nothing records, it just "flatlines" so to speak!!

:blink:

Edited by Giggleheimer, 06 March 2007 - 03:30 PM.

Advertisements