Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

• Please log in to reply

zammo

zammo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
help
i have a radeon 9600,
xp sp2
athlon 64 3200+
1GB ram
my pc keeps stopping.
at first it happened alot wilst playing Star Wars
Knights of the Old Republic II.
When I first played SWKotOR2 it said I should upgrade
the vga driver, which I did and thats when the problems started.
I got fed up with the crashes and stopped playing the game (sob)
I've put on a fresh XP bulid and installed the original drivers but
its still falling over all the (beep) time.
MS site says its an ATI fault
ATI site is woefulluy unhelpfull
got any ideas?
mill o tx
Z

Attached Files

Advertisements

zammo

zammo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Micro$oft quote

Error caused by ATI Graphics Driver: No specific solution found

Problem Description

An unknown error occurred in ATI Graphics Driver, created by ATI® Technologies, Inc.

Problem Resolution

ATI® Technologies, Inc is currently not aware of a specific solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

Download and install an updated ATI Graphics Driver from one of the following locations:
Windows Update
ATI® Technologies, Inc
If an updated driver is not available, check with your computer manufacturer.
If you are running the latest version of ATI Graphics Driver, please contact ATI® Technologies, Inc for your support options.

Additional Information

If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for ATI Graphics Driver we highly recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from ATI® Technologies, Inc.
If you are not familiar with ATI Graphics Driver and you are questioning how the program was installed on your computer, it is possible that the program was installed with another program. If you do not know why ATI Graphics Driver is running, many programs configure themselves to start automatically every time you turn on your computer .