Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No PC Signal

• Please log in to reply

Kedzie

Kedzie

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
More computer issues, hurah. Lets hopefully get this one solved so i can go back to neglecting society.

Specs:
AMD 3200+ 2.2ghz
ATI Radeon X800 Pro
Soundblaster Audigy
2gb Corsair DDR 400 PC3200 RAM 184 Pin (Just received in the mail todaY :whistling: )
ASUS A7V600

Alittle background on my PC. It was having issues with overheating for quite awhile and believe my RAM turned faulty overtime. Needed an upgrade anyway hence the new RAM. Aside from overheating restarts, the computer was running meh to say the least. I couldn't run any games for more than five minutes without some fatal error occuring, yet another reason I believed I needed new RAM.

Now when I turn on my PC I get the usual. My motherboard light turns on, I get no beep, PSU light turns on, all fans are spinning including the video card, I can hear my HD spinning, but alas I get a blinking "No PC Signal" error. It does it's usual countdown and screen goes black. Also, when I do Start>Run>dxdiag everything is read aside from my motherboard. Right next to System Manufacturer there is a big N/A but when I run OldVersion everything is read properly. Anyways, let's turn it over to the professionals shall we? Also the obligatory :blink:

Edited by Kedzie, 06 March 2007 - 08:50 PM.

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I'm sorry but I don't understand what is going on.

Now when I turn on my PC I get the usual. My motherboard light turns on, I get no beep, PSU light turns on, all fans are spinning including the video card, I can hear my HD spinning, but alas I get a blinking "No PC Signal" error

-Here the computer does not boot.

Also, when I do Start>Run>dxdiag everything is read aside from my motherboard.

-Here the computer is running but not all is digtally sighned and???

Right next to System Manufacturer there is a big N/A but when I run OldVersion everything is read properly.

-What OldVersion r we talking about?

Did replace the ram with new ones?
What did u do about the overheating of the computer (it is not the same thing as ram)?

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Sounds like the processor has been cripppled due to the overheating and you are now not getting a signal from it.