Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unwanted windows at startup

• Please log in to reply

notused2often

notused2often

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I open Windows I get two warning windows neither of which do I know what they mean and neither of them can I get rid of.
The first to show is\one headed SmartBridge Alerts:BTHelpNotifier - exe - Entrypoint not found. Its message reads The procedure entry point GetProcessImagesFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link lirary PSAPI.DLL

The second is headed Content Advisor - javascript noop2('newscheck:0') and its message states Content Advisor will not allow yu to see this website The page may contain some or all of the following. It thn shows a description area that says This page does not have a rating. Below this it states If you still want to see this website someone must type in the supervisor's password You are then gven three options from whaic to choose as the action required. The 'hint' it shows is correct but it will not accept my )the supervisor) password

Boththese problems occured wiin 24 hours and as I say I have been unable to shif either - HELP please

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Since you say this happened suddenly I suspect that it could be malware.

First read this link Here.

Once you are finished with that Post a HJT log in our Malware Forum.

Even if this is not your problem it couldnt hurt :whistling:.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try this, too, if you want:

To work around this error:

1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Sprint...\Smart...)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

Or try uninstalling SmartBridge using its un-install program.

Just my 2 cents worth. :whistling:

Ron