Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Amd Processor

• Please log in to reply

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Guys, is there any chance some one might be able to tell me, the highest Amd Sempron 64 processor I can go to on this board, please.
WinFast 760GXK8MC
At the moment I have a really slow Amd 2800 64 Sempron. Sorry, but I do not really know how to go about finding this out on the Winfast site.

Cheers.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You can get a faster processor but I don't think it would be enough of a difference to make it worth the money. The fastest that you could add to that would be a AMD 64 Sempron 3400. If you would like to take a look youself that board can handle a AMD 64 or AMD 64 Sempron that uses Socket 754.

Edited by Titan8990, 07 March 2007 - 03:05 PM.

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Titan, thanks for that info Mate. The whole caboodle was a cheap sort of upgrade, which I am aware of. Needles to say, it all came down to the cash in the back pocket, lol.

cheers again.

Lucky

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Yes well it would be a cheap upgrade but you will most likely get better results by using that money to add RAM unless you already had 2gigs.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Athlons are the better AMDs, Sempron's are like AMD's version of Intel's Celerons. Try to get an athlon is possible. Practically any athlon is better than a sempron...

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Hi Guys,
I only have 1 gig of RAM at the moment. One thing I did hear was. that the Athlon 64 3200+ Newcastle core clocks in at 2200MHz with 512K of cache. This looks good, but will my motherboard take it. If it did , I might get the 754 processor cheap as everyone knows the 754 mb is not going anywhere upwards. what do you think Guys.

Lucky

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
On the basis that your motherboard can take the processor that is a good idea...

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I think the difference will be unnoticable.

Luckyjfl

Luckyjfl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Cheers for that Guys. This cpu does seem a bit slow though. If I do see one of the Newcastle cpu's going cheap, I will try and get it.

All the best.

Lucky