Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

suggestion

• Please log in to reply

teleblock_4u

teleblock_4u

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
i couldnt find a "bump topic" button, this may be simple but cna stop double posting :whistling:

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You are doing yourself a disservice by "bumping" your topic at all. By doing this, it shows your thread having been replied to and most of our staff will then ignore it. Post once and wait for help like everyone else.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
I see what you mean, "Bump Topic" button would indeed stop people from bumping their posts by posting another reply to it;; it would still show 0 replies. But if you bump it, it would still be bad as most of the staff look for topic's in earlier pages than 1 (for old topics). It would be as bad as double-posting/bumping with a reply is :blink:

Hardly no one checks the posting date when looking for topics, if it's on Page 1, it must be new -- if you'd bump it with such a button, people would have to check them everytime and it would slow things down a bit, at least it would for me since I'm not good at judging timezones (I live in Finland).

Just thought to reply (even though ScHwErV was faster -- and right).

Besides, no fear of going unnoticed; remember the Waiting Room :whistling:

Edited by Rawe, 09 March 2007 - 05:15 AM.

teleblock_4u

teleblock_4u

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
yeh just saw the waiting room im gonna put my topic there now as ive had no luck yet its been 5 days