Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer makes weird noises after awhile

• Please log in to reply

FCCAGut

FCCAGut

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
You may think this is strange, but please tell me if i'm going crazy or being retarded. My computer every know and then, makes this sound like the fan is vibrating on the left of the computer and it last for about 10 minutes then stop. My computer is a Dell Optiplex GX60 and my brother doesn't get this problem, in fact I haven't heard a computer do this before. Now get this, I was trying to record the sound on my camcorder, the sound is pretty loud, but when I pressed play, I didn't hear it all I heard was the t.v., and also get this, my dad is a computer technician and never heard that sound and also he says he can't hear the sound and it's about 2 rooms loud. My whole family can't hear the sound when it happens, only me and I don't know if this is a problem with this kind of computer or if it's just me. It happens sometimes to me.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Well it's true some people do have hearing which is more sensitive to a certain "pitch" or type of sound, and you may be one of them, especially since no-one else in your family can hear it, and your camcorder does not record it. I suffered brain damage 10 years ago and since then I could swear I can hear music playing when I awake each morning, but when ask my wife to listen she can't hear it (and she doesn't have hearing loss).

In my case I'm just "hearing things" because of my injury, but it does illustrate how our senses often work in mysterious ways.

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Well it's true some people do have hearing which is more sensitive to a certain "pitch" or type of sound, and you may be one of them, especially since no-one else in your family can hear it, and your camcorder does not record it. I suffered brain damage 10 years ago and since then I could swear I can hear music playing when I awake each morning, but when ask my wife to listen she can't hear it (and she doesn't have hearing loss).

In my case I'm just "hearing things" because of my injury, but it does illustrate how our senses often work in mysterious ways.