Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer - Uninstalling

• Please log in to reply

rogerbohl

rogerbohl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I can't print through Internet Explorer, which is vital to printing my AOL e-mails, (but I can print through Mozilla when it is the browser). The IE Help file suggests uninstalling IE via the Add/Remove Programs route, and let it reinstall itself, but IE is not among the programs listed. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel then add / remove then add / remove Windows components, remove tick from IE then press next and then finish. Go to the Microsoft site to get a new copy of IE as it is unlikely to re-install itself.

IE6

3rd down

\\`ired

\\`ired

• Pip
  • 9 posts
You can reinstall IE by doing

Start -> Search/Find

Search for Filename: ie.inf

Once it finds this file navigate to the directory and right click ie.inf and choose install.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I elected for downloading from Microsoft in case there is anything wrong with the existing install files