Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't re-install epsom printer

• Please log in to reply

peterdavies79

peterdavies79

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
After installing XP I lost the installation of the printer - its an Epsom Sylus CX3700 all-in-one job. I downloaded all the installation stuff from the Epsom site but during installation I got a message saying that it hadn't been windows logo tested or something like that. I continued anyway and it all seemed to go ok and I ran some test prints which were fine.
Now everytime I start up the machine I get the new hardware wizard telling me its found the printer and then the scanner and to start installation. If I try to print it just goes into a queue in an icon at the toolbar at bottom of the page.
Any ideas?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
With epson USB printers the usual method is to install the driver first, then plug in the printers usb lead to activate the "new hardware found" and just tell it to locate the software automatically, whereupon Windows will setup the printer using the driver you just installed. Subsequent re-starts should not cause the "new hardware found" wizard to appear again unless you plug the printer in to a different USB port.

Just allow the new hardware found wizard to do it's stuff (choose "find software automatically") and that should be an end to the problem. If you cancel the wizard before it's finished, you'll always get it popping up whenever Windows starts.