Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stubborn MediaAccK.exe and MediaAccess.exe!

• Please log in to reply

pomegrenade

pomegrenade

• Pip
  • 1 posts
MediaAaaaaaaack! These two malware files (MediaAccK.exe and MediaAccess.exe) simply refuse to leave my computer. I've hunted about the web and found solutions posted on other forums... ie, fix the stuff in Hijackthis, delete it in the control panel, close it in the task manager, and go to C program files and finally delete the darn file.
Well, it just isn't happening. Adaware, Spybot, and Hijackthis have all been pretty futile, as is deletion in the control panel. When I try to close it in the task manager, it gives me false hope by disappearing for a sec, only to show up at a different location on the list. It wooon't go away. Help??? ;) ;) :tazz:

Advertisements

kllrnohj

kllrnohj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I suppose just unistalling it thru Add and Remove programs in the control pannel is too hard? (After all, removal instructions are only included in the folder itself! - Info.txt)

dookie

dookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Uninstall from Add ou Remove programs do not remove permanently, but only until u reboot your PC.
Remove them with anti-spywares like "HijackThis" (works fine with this malware)...

Abração,
Dookie

kllrnohj

kllrnohj

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Uninstall from Add ou Remove programs do not remove permanently, but only until u reboot your PC.
Remove them with anti-spywares like "HijackThis" (works fine with this malware)...

Abração,
Dookie

View Post

no, its definitely permanent...

i used add/remove, and it hasn't come back for months (it even removed all of its registry keys)

dixieman92

dixieman92

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I spent three days trying anything to get rid of this mediaaccess.exe....I think it has finally happened, Hijack this, ad-aware, spybot search & destroy, none of these would id the bug.....
I have still be unable to get my system restore to work again, it stopped working when mediaaccess was added on my machine.
Does anyone know how I can get system restore to work and what can I do here to make sure that mediaaccess is completely off my hard drive.
...simple terms please, I am not a computer engineer.
Thanks