Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sansung t9

• Please log in to reply

Hunter55

Hunter55

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, I bought a samsung yp t9 mp3 player. Now I find out that it doens't work with my windows 2000. I've done some research and I read that i might be able to get it done if I start it with a windows xp. But, does anyone know how I can get it to work without the use of a windows xp? Thanks in advance

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Hunter55...

Apparently, your mp3 player makes use of drivers that run on XP SP2...this is stated clearly in the Requirements and is why it will start under XP and not 2000. You may be better off upgrading to XP. It will have better support for all your media applications.

wannabe1

Hunter55

Hunter55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, I see. I think i'll return it and get something that is compatible with my windows 2000. I am not that great of a computer person and I don't want to try and upgrade because I might mess it up. thanks

Edited by Hunter55, 10 March 2007 - 08:09 AM.