Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashing after Windows update

• Please log in to reply

Cherim

Cherim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, i'm rubbish with computers and I currently have no one in a close distance to fix this problem! SO! I recently undated my computer (Windows xp) and I play the sims 2. I noticed that once I had installed the update my game started crashing..which it wasn't doing before. I've reformatted my computer in the past to resolve crashing issues with my game, and I really don't want to have to do that all over again! Is there any chance I can restore my computer to how it was before the Windows update? I don't want to mess around with my computer too much without advice! Thanks in advance
Cheri

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You could try system restore. you will be presented with a calendar. Choose a date before you installed the update. Not all dates will be available. just choose the nearest one.

Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore

Edited by pip22, 10 March 2007 - 01:28 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If system restore doesn't work, as suggested by pip22, you can try to remove the last update from your computer. To do so: satrt > control pannel > add/remove programs. Check "show updates" at the top of the page and all windows updates will show up together with their date of installation. Note those installed just before the crash. If there are more then one I would suggest that you remove them one at a time. Keep a note of the one removed and run the computer. This way you will isolate the particular update causing the problem and you can reload the other updates from microsoft.