Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Logging on Windows Administrator problem

• Please log in to reply

mrtypr

mrtypr

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
A computer i was working on had user accounts and i was trying to get rid of them so when you start windows you dont have to type in a username and password it starts automatically for you. I looked up some steps on google and it told me to go into Computer Management and go into User. After doing that i saw all the user accounts and disabled all of them. Now when i start windows it still comes up with the log prompt with the same username but now the password is not what it used to be and i cannot even log into windows.

Can anyone help me with this cheers..

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try safe mode / administrator account, reverse the tweaking in computer management, reboot

Click start, control panel, user accounts, user accounts, change the way user log on, tick both boxes, apply changes, reboot