Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sims 2 keeps crashing my PC!

• Please log in to reply

Jonesi

Jonesi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the following specs.

AMD Athlon™ XP 2200+
1.80 GHz
256 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

It should run Sims 2 fine ( I think!) But it doesn't!

I randomly crash everytime I play the Sims 2, could be 10 minutes, could be three hours.

It's driving me mad!! The monitor turns itself off, the screen turns black and "power save" appears. The PC still has power as all the lights on the base are still on, but I cannot get the monitor back on by pressing any keys, I can't even reboot the PC by pressing the power/reset button. I have to unplug the whole system before I can boot up again.

A friend of mine told me to "patch" the game, but I can't as I downloaded the game and installed it via Daemon tools, I also play the game via Daemon by mounting the CCD image. When I try the patch (from the Sims2 site) it tells me my game isn't installed properly and to reinstall it, but I've tried that and still nothing. Can't play the game for too long and can't patch it!

Does any of you lovely guys have a clue as to why my PC crashes/reboots/turns off whilst I'm playing? ;)

Any ideas, theories or help would be very much appreciated! :tazz:

Advertisements

israel_guy

israel_guy

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

Try Downloading the latest drivers for your Video Card, and check if you have a driver for each of your hardware. I read a guy's post here, that said he have a similar problem- his screen turns off each time he is launching the game. If its still not working, wait for help from the professionals. I can't see other reason. Sorry :tazz: