Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

undeletable file

• Please log in to reply

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
like i said it crashes the antivirus and there is no way to delete it. right click on it it only brngs up a few options, open with, preview, edit, print, send to
im on xp pro if it helps

edit- the file is on my desktop in my music folder

Edited by AnthonyJ, 11 March 2007 - 09:46 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What do you mean by "crashes the antivirus". Could you give us some more details? To remove the file you can try to download and run Unlocker. You can find a link in my signature.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

What do you mean by "crashes the antivirus". Could you give us some more details? To remove the file you can try to download and run Unlocker. You can find a link in my signature.

what i mean by "crashes" is it causes the antivirus to exit instantly and shuts the program down. i just tried the unlocker doesnt do anything. i dont get any errors when trying to delete the file. i hit the delete button and it doesnt do anything. im going through the malware and trojin process now, im on the step of the panda online scan

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Good idea, the scan. Could you tell us what antivirus is the one that crashes?

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Good idea, the scan. Could you tell us what antivirus is the one that crashes?

"Freedom" its a antivirus from adelphia

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
update

i did all of what the thread said except a high jack this log. i have 4 spybots none relationg to the file, and 1 virus unrelated to the file. i still cant delete it. cant delete it under safe mode either. and no i dont have a restore point

is there someway for a file to bypass a scan? i just scanned only the folder its in (there is 4 files in it) and avg reports only scanning 3

Edited by AnthonyJ, 11 March 2007 - 01:13 PM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
yes, there are malwares that interupt the protection gromozon is a good example, best do the hijackthis thingy, unlike me they know their stuff here and it is well worth havng the clean mean machine at the end of their workout with you.