Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

optiplex gx150

• Please log in to reply

jesse1579

jesse1579

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I'm trying to find out if a dell optiplex gx150 motherboard is a mini-itx platform board. I've searched the net and can't seem to find out. Since I have the board in hand is there anyway to look at or measure the board and tell if it's a mini-itx platform board? Any help would greatly be apprecaited.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Mini-ITX boards are squares being 170mm (6.7in) per side. Mini-ITX boards are not common.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Mini-ITX boards are not common, but they're easily available, but maybe not for the type of processor that the GX150 takes.

Knowing Dell, its most likely going to be a unique Dell board that was made specially for the case it came with and thus is not a standard size.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I just looked at mine, which I'm on right now. The rear connectors are not in any standard configuration as far as I can tell but it has a back plane, which you would need to have to put it in any standard case. So see if you can get yourself a back plane