Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tracert: 2 of 30 hops. Anything I can do?

• Please log in to reply

Twiztnin223

Twiztnin223

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
:blink: Hello all!

I just got this PC in December and ever since I got it I am having a problem with WoW and Ventrilo. On occasion, my PC will DC from WoW, but the biggest issue is this:

When I have WoW and Ventrilo running simultaneously, sometimes WoW will lock up for a few seconds and then come back and fast forward itself to where it should be. Soon after that, I try to hit my "Push-to-talk" key in Ventrilo and it DCs me, takes a couple seconds, and then logs me back in. It is quite irritating, so I decided to run a tracert on WoW and my Ventrilo server, both came up where it timed out from 3-30 of the hops.

I curiously tried to tracert google.com and bestbuy.com to see what it would come up with and it says the same thing for everything I try:

1 18 ms 10 ms 10 ms 10.71.#.# (yes, there are numbers there)
2 9 ms 18 ms 12 ms 10.71.#.#
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
(continued to 30 hops)

Could anyone explain to me what is wrong with my PC? I never had this problem with my previous one.

Is there a fix? Please :whistling:

Edited by Twiztnin223, 15 March 2007 - 12:13 AM.

Advertisements