Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

scotty59

scotty59

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

can someone please help me i down loaded drivers for my motherboard and bios upgrade as well i put al the drivers in and ran the magic bios utility feature and upgraded bios, but when system restarts i cannot get by this error

BIOS ROM checksum error

detecting floppy drive A media

INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

i do not know what it is meaning by system disk

please help

scotty

Edited by scotty59, 15 March 2007 - 06:03 AM.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Make sure you have your BIOS set to boot from you HDD and not your Floppy Drive.

scotty59

scotty59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i cannot get into bios it is looking for me to put in system disk as it is boot locked with upgrading bios from what i ahve learned is i have to is this

The boot-block BIOS will execute an AUTOEXEC.BAT file on a bootable diskette. Copy an Award flasher & the correct BIOS *.bin file on the floppy and execute it automaticly by putting awdflash *.bin in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file.

but am not sure what to do

scotty59

scotty59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
can anyone put a link or tell me where i can d/l this file

thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
for a bios flash you need to put a floppy in a working computer. once it's in there right click on the floppy drive and choose "format" then choose the option to make a boot disk...once you've made the boot disk...copy the correct bios flash utility and bios revision for your motherboard to the disk in the proper location...then boot with the floppy

scotty59

scotty59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
did not work when i create start up disk it did not have autoexec.bat file there was eg keyboard mouse and stuff but no autoexec.bat any further help please