Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with mailing list in Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

13th Floor

13th Floor

• Pip
  • 1 posts

But I have another question...  I have a huge list of people that I need to send a message out to....

View Post

Hello, I've got a similar problem and wondered if anyone can help. I've put this in a new thread as the original was primarily concerned with a different problem, hope that's ok.

I have a mailing list of around 120 people (and growing), but if I try and mail them I get a message about outbound message rule and a 50-recipient limit. Is there a way to get around this? I'm not a filthy spammer, honest!

Splitting the list into groups of <50 would be possible but shouldn't really be necessary and is a bit of a pain. I previously had this mailing list on a couple of web-based email things and the same thing happened, and I've read elsewhere that the problem might be ISP rather than OE based, but by the look of it it is the latter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what makes you think that it is outlook....could you do a screen shot of the error?

I am unaware of any outlook setting that does this, but I do know of a setting on MS ISA server that does...if you're ISP/ORG uses ISA Server or something similar I would tend toward that rather than outlook, but I am curious to see the message

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
I believe that the outlook express version has a limit there. "EXPRESS"
The full version of outlook i believe does not have a limit. Try outlook XP or 2003.

Rik