Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Eraser problems....repair possible?

• Please log in to reply

interpolarity

interpolarity

• PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I used the program Eraser to wipe my unused disk space, and my comp has been messing up ever since.... I want to do this, but I wasn't given an installation CD w/ the computer. I have reformatted the computer once before by pressing ctrl+f12 while restarting, and after confirmation, it reformatted my entire computer....I don't know if that helps u or not, but I thought I'd mention it...
please, graphics mess up, programs don't work....I would really like to get my computer back on track...

P.S. My system restores were wiped by Eraser as well...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
at this point it might be quicker do do the ctrl+f12 method to put your computer back to the system default state...you'd need to back up all your music, data, pictures, etc.. before you do that though..

if you're not wanting to go that route...can you borrow an XP cd of the same type that is installed on your system (i.e. xp pro or xp home...make sure that if your computer came with SP1 instead of SP2 that you get an xp SP1 disk not an sp2 disk) and then run the repair installation

interpolarity

interpolarity

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
I'll see if I can get one, however, after some googling, i realised that I have a hard copy of the disk in my i386 folder....could I use that?
http://ask-leo.com/i...i_need_one.html