Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing prolem

• Please log in to reply

Daniiel

Daniiel

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hey,
my friends having this problem.
he downloaded the battlefield 2 1.41 patch.
when he goes to install it, it says it can only be done by the admin.. and he's the admin.
so i was thinking that he could unpack the installer file or somthing?
is that possible?
like to unpack the files and just overwrite the old bf2 files with the new ones?
are there any programs anyone knows of?
ive tried to google it but i havnt gotten anything good
thanks
p.s. sorry for posting this on the other topic i didnt realise this one existed

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. First, I suggest trying to extract in Safe Mode. You can do this by continually pressing the F8 key at startup. So as soon as you turn on the computer and the BIOS flashes, get moving on that F8 key. You will see a panel of options, such as Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, etc. Safe mode should be selected by default, but if it's not, use your arrow keys to select it, and press enter to use it. After you press enter on Safe Mode, it will ask you which operating system to enter with. Select the operating system by pressing enter. You will now see a long list of drivers loading. This may take a minute depending on your computer speed. You will then be taken to a login screen. Click on the Administrator account, not his own account. Try extracting here.

Daniiel

Daniiel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
How do you extract though?
safe mode is straight forward?
he managed to get it to work
but for future reference

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Ok, good. When I said extract, I meant to install using the executable file you were provided with. Using the install file, it extracts the files and such. Anything special he did to make it work?

Daniiel

Daniiel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
i dont really remeber what he said he did
cause it didnt really make sense.
he put it on his other hard drive or somthing
then he did somthing else
now that its all installed
the cd claims to be invalid
so he has to reinstall evreything

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
I had to do that once as well, it was just a bug in the way it was patched. If reinstalling and "repatching" (just made that word up) doesn't help, then let us know and we'll see what we can do.

(Edited for grammar)

Edited by Stormknight6, 18 March 2007 - 06:49 AM.