Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing DVD Drive

• Please log in to reply

leedownen123

leedownen123

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi,

I bought an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A drive off Tigerdirect.com. (It's a NEC-brand drive) I plugged the power cable in and the connected the big slot on the back to the motherboard. (It's an IDE-type drive) This is how the previous CD RW drive was set up. I'm having problems transcoding in Nero and I was wondering if my physical settings on the drive are correct, because there are 2-3 more places for smaller cords on the drive that I don't have connected.

Edited by leedownen123, 17 March 2007 - 09:35 AM.

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
those are analog, digital sound outputs. you can hook them to your sound card.
let me get your problem straight, your trying to burn discs and are getting coasters(failed discs)?

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Is it necessary for the analog or digital outputs to be connected to my sound card? (Because if so, I do not believe I have the cords to connect the outputs to my sound card.) Well I'm not even getting coasters. When I put an AVI file in Nero Vision and add a fancy menu and then I try to began the process to transcode and burn to a DVD+RW disk, I get this message "Unable to prepare data for recording: Prepare session failed: transcoding of videos failed" I use the default burning settings and the right drive is selected. What could it be? Could this article be of any help: http://www.cdr-zone....opic.php?t=2763

Edited by leedownen123, 17 March 2007 - 10:17 AM.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
you dont need the extra hook ups, as for your avi burning, i think nero doesnt have the right codecs to convert an avi

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Well I've had codec problems before, so I have K-Lite Codecs Pack Installed

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
there is a dvd burning program that converts avi to dvd and burns it if want to try that. if so let me know

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
yes I am definitely interested. I am willing to try about anything.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

yes I am definitely interested. I am willing to try about anything.

checks your pms, i sent it to you earlier

leedownen123

leedownen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
ah ha! It worked and the quality is 10 out of 10! Thanks

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
np :whistling: