Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

virus found: W32/OLEADM.B

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

LindaJP1960

LindaJP1960

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I'm new to this site, and although I know my way around computers fairly well, I need some help with this one. A friend of mine has found a virus on a Gateway 2000 running WinXP that shows W32/OLEADM.B as a virus the Bell-South antivirus program can't remove. I've read the posts about running HiJackThis, and need to get some remote help... (He is not computer literate... but I think I can talk him thru it)

I'll be back home later this evening... if there is someone available to help me out, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
Linda

Advertisements

seekhelp

seekhelp

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i dont if this will help you but download this "removed"
it's a free trial for 90 days and it's pretty good.

Mod Note: Only authorized staff members may offer malware advice. If you would like to go through our training program see THIS Post.

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
See link below to the answer to your problem.

link to competing forum (BC) removed

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
You should post a HiJackThis log in the malware forum of our website.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Just a big AMEN! to ultimateslackers suggestion. Following advice given to another user with a different system can cause even more problems, even if the malware is the same name. We have excellent helpers in the anti-malware section who have passed rigorous testing in malware analysis and removal. They have the skill to guide anyone through a successful process, even a complete beginner. Your friend will be in good hands there. Follow all the instructions in the "Start Here" link at the top of each G2G page and then post the log. You will receive a response from one of the Trusted Staff from that section with specific instructions.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Why go to another forum when we have such great services and people here.
Please proceed to the malware forum and read this before posting.
Thanx
James

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Topic Closed. Please read posts 4, 5, and 6 for information on what to do next.

-Ryan