Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moving Outlook Express folders to Outlook on another computer

• Please log in to reply

jamiesalisbury

jamiesalisbury

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi

I'm trying to export an Outlook Express email folder from my computer to Outlook on my dad's computer. We both have OE and Outlook on our computers. I don't want to replace any of his folders, just to add this folder to what he already has.

I copied the appropriate .dbx folders and put it in the folder with his other .dbx folders. Booted up OE (on his computer) with no change. He's subsequently tried deleting "folders.dbx" with no luck either.

Any ideas what we're doing wrong?

Thanks

Jamie

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Just for clarification, you are trying to put Outlook Express dbx files into an existing Outlook Express? (MS has a different program called "Outlook" as part of Office) You need to use the "import" feature uder file. I would just import from the flash drive or cd or whatever you are using. I don't think you can import if the location and destination are the same, but I could be wrong.
Johanna

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
More detail from MS
Johanna

jamiesalisbury

jamiesalisbury

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your reply. I'm aware that the process is to take folders from my Outlook Express into my Dad's OE, and then he can import them into Outlook. Problem is we can't get them into his Outlook Express in the first place. He has put the 2 .dbx folders in a folder in a flash drive and tried to import them - says no messages can be found in folder.

Edited by jamiesalisbury, 20 March 2007 - 01:22 PM.