Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

6800 xt 8x? Help

• Please log in to reply

Tsouth

Tsouth

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just got my new biostar nvidia Geforce 6800xt from newegg. How do I tell if it is properly running at 8X AGP.

Advertisements

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
In some computers, if you go into your bios, there's a setting... I can't remember where, but on my computer, I have the option of choosing AGP 4X or 8X.. Check to see if you received software on a CD that came with the video card, it may have an overclock utility or something that will tell you what AGP mode you are in.

Edited by techie4fun, 19 March 2007 - 05:57 PM.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
The nvidia control panel will tell you when you right click the background > properties > settings > advance > nvidia > classic.

Tsouth

Tsouth

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks. It does say 8x in nv control panel. Is that tested or just the read from chipset?

Just seems like my computer isnt running very smoothly.

I dl Passmark Benchtest software but even it only ran 3d test at 4x, and the only way to compare with thier database is to register the software. Piontless for software that doesnt seem very good.

My mobo is intel d865gbf

Its bios utility only has settings for onboard video, but says in manual agp 8x compatable although onboard chip is 4x.

Tommy South