Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot failure after new heatsink install

• Please log in to reply

woodswomyn

woodswomyn

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Computer specs: MOBO ASUS P5ND2-SLI w/Intel pentium D 930 3.0 GHz Dual core, 1GB PC4200 533 MHz DDR2 Mem. (512mb x 2), BFG GeForce 7800GTX OC 256MB PCI-Express Video, Sound Blaster X-Fi sound card, 500GB RAID O Stripe (2 x 250GB SATA 7.2K), additional drive-250GB SATA 7.2K), Ultra X2-Connect 550 watt Power, XP Pro w, service pack 2.

I've just installed a new Zalman 9500 heat sink. Got everything back in place and hooked up. Went to power up my pc and it won't post. Fans are all running, power is good and the hard drive light is on but no post. Please help. Called my pc tech support but they said they couldn't help because of the heat sink. It's not their install.

Edited by woodswomyn, 20 March 2007 - 06:56 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
check and see if you forgot to plug in the 4 pin additional cpu power to the mobo...did you put thermal paste between cpu and heatsink..

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Deleted by 98Springer.

Edited by 98springer, 20 March 2007 - 07:06 PM.