Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New game ..... Average age of members of GTG?

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
lets see...ALL the women are going to say 21 or so......the old guys will shave off about 10 years trying to date the "21" year olds...young girls will say they are at least 18...young guys will say they are 21 trying to be cool...so let me do the math..

liars X liars + 2% truth tellers X 100 divided by number of members X wild guess carried out 2 decimal points= 22.8 years

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
I'm guessing 37.

By the way, you can guess an age that someone else has also guessed.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i see...you balk at my average guessing...but then you start making up rules as you go along...i've got my eyes on you
*dsenette points his fingers at his eyes...then points them at fran while scowling ominously

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
*ooooh ... frantique is sooooo scared!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
I worked out the average age of the administrator and moderator team, but that wouldn't be a realistic guess....

Edited by sarahw, 26 March 2007 - 04:29 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
My guess is 30 since I will be that old this year! :whistling:

Dryfter

Dryfter

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I'm gonna guess the square root of (841/2*3-420.5)

29. lol

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Frantique I see you have yet Posted the Correct Answer as you are Now 10 Day's Late as it was to be Posted 11 April. So which Member or Member's were Correct with there Guess :whistling: :blink:

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
OOps ... thank you Cheyenne_09 for the reminder. Been a little busy lately ... answer coming soon.

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
The average age is 36.98 years ... so, we'll take 37 years as the correct answer.
Congrats to Sarawh and Frantique (ooh that's me ... and NO I didn't cheat ... only got the answer from Admin today)

It's an interesting figure and quite a few were within the ball park.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
hehehe I figured that the answer would be somewhere in that neighborhood :whistling:

Brian

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Just a note. That figure comes from average age of the 8,000+ people that have signed up for our newsletter and chosen to answer the optional age question. It offers date ranges, but doesn't ask exact age, so it's really our best guess.

italyvamp

italyvamp

• Pip
  • 7 posts
awww.... I missed this! :)

hmm.... :help: If most of them are like 37...

:whistling: then im like a baba

:blink: awww baby italyvemp

:) ok that was weird- maybe its coz i never slept last night coz of the stupid cpanel and now im up early to catch some stpid plane :) maybe

:) ASK ANOTHER QUESTION LIKE THIS ASK ANOTHER QUESTION LIKE THIS!!:) c'mon :) please!!

**pokes frantique- do it or I'll throw a marshmellow at u

c'mon:P

:help: I luv questions like this....

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm very impressed at how many were close to actual number. I think I would have guessed lower.

I'm particularly impressed at how Sarah arrived at her number. I think it also shows we have a mod/admin team that closely reflects the members of our site. :whistling:

I worked out the average age of the administrator and moderator team, but that wouldn't be a realistic guess....