Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Messege everytime I log onto Notebook

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I am getting the following Error message (Below) everytime I log onto my machine. I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I would really appreciate it. Thank You

Error Msg
"Unhandled exception has accurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore the error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Undable to load DLL C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\Sony Utilities\SnyUtils.dll: The specified module could not be found. (Exeption From HRESULT: 0x8007007E)."

I have just been clicking continue and nothing happens but its rather annoying everytime I start my computer and this pops up. Does anynoe know what I can do to fix this or disable it? Thank You

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there wadeb_21,

Ok, first download "SUDLLME.exe" from here: (NOTE: Do not install it yet)

http://esupport.sony...l...d=4&ULA=YES

Then Accept the Agreement... And save to desktop...

Then goto:
> "Start"
> "Control Panel"
> "Programs" - "Programs and Features"
> Select "Sony Utilities DLL" and uninstall this.

> Go back to your desktop and install "DUDLLME.EXE". Restart your PC...

I am a bit skeptical about you re-loading this driver because it is meant for "Microsoft® Windows® Me", Vista is still new and they will probably bring the correct driver out in a couple of weeks or even months depending on how old it is. But since it never gave me any errors after I restarted my computer it shouldn't give you any either and should work.

Please let me know if this did solve your problem. Goodluck :whistling:

Shweet :blink:

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Spike Hacker Inc,
I followed the instructions you gave me to the "T" once I restarted the error message was gone however I there two new error messages now. One that says

New Error 1
"The installed battery may not be probperly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer.
Click "OK" to enter Hibernate mode, and remove and reinsert the battery.
See the electronic VAIO® User Guide for more information about using the batter"

That error message wasn't apprearing until I did the instructions you told me to do know what might have caused that and if there is away to fix it.

I also have another error message since I did the instructions you said to do it is.

New Error Msg 2
"Wireless Switch Utility has stopped. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Do you have any idea what that might have caused that? I would really appreciate if you could help me out, thank you.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Sorry for another response but I wanted to add that. On the Error message about the battery whenever I press the "OK" button it will go away for literally 5 to 10 seconds then pops right back up. I'm not sure what to do.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey again wadeb_21, sorry for the long wait.

Go back to:
> "Start"
> "Control Panel"
> "Programs" - "Programs and Features"
> Select "Sony Utilities DLL" and uninstall this.
> Restart the PC

The errors may have been caused by loading the new drivers, therefor uninstalling them should resolve the problem. I would recommend you wait for the correct drivers to be released for Vista, until then I will still be looking up for information for you and try get hold of Sony support to keep you updated on the release of the new drivers.

But still let me know if the errors still occur or not. Shweet :whistling:

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Spike Hacker Inc,

Alright so I completely removed the program and restarted like you said and now I have the error message I had in the beging when I started this thread. So am I just going to have to live with this error message for now or what should I do? Thanks

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there wadeb_21, sorry for all the instructions...

I have spoken to a Sony Representative and has notified me that your PC is not Vista compatible and that Vista drivers are not available for your PC online. He suggests that you should contact Microsoft support team for the drivers or get a recovery disk to preform a system recovery to restore your computer to its factory settings.

To remove the error message you will have to get a recovery disk to restore factory settings because the drivers are not available for Microsoft Windows Vista.

Cool, I hoped I helped in a way and I will keep you updated on release of those drivers. :whistling:

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Alright so I completely removed the program and restarted like you said and now I have the error message I had in the beging when I started this thread. So am I just going to have to live with this error message for now or what should I do? Thanks

If you want to continue working with Vista you will have to work around that nasty error message until drivers are supplied...

Shweet :whistling:

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
So the Sony Representative told you that my machine is not Vista Compatable?? Thats strange because I just bought this notebook less than 3 weeks ago from Best Buy its a Sony Vaio model number VGN-SZ430N it was suppose to be one of the best ones I could buy.
So how would I go about getting the Restore cd becasue it didn't come with one when I purchased it from Best Buy? Thanks and I really appreciate all the help.

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Thats where I was going wrong, assumed the model was "PCG-C1XS". I am so so sorry for the inconvenience, I messed up. It should have been the first thing I should have asked, I am so sorry. :help: :whistling:

Try here:
http://esupport.sony...l...53&os_id=29

Click on "Download Now
(without Download Taxi)"

Let me know if those drivers worked, they should... And they are compatible with Vista...

Sorry again :blink:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 21 March 2007 - 01:57 PM.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Sorry about that. I should have told you the model number in my initial post. I will give it a try and see if it clears up the problem I will, I will let you know. Thanks again.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Spike Hacker Inc,
Looks like what you just told me to do worked perfectly. Thanks allot and like I said before I do apologize for not posting my model number in my initial post, I'll know that for next time. Thanks and have a great day.