Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

music skipping in window vista.

• Please log in to reply

doecraig

doecraig

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I have a upgraded windows vista home premium on a ,,, AMD Athlon ™64x2 duel core processor 4200,2.20ghz, 2948mb memory, 300gb hard drive, 32 bit .. :blink:

Since the upgrade.. all my music files skip!! :whistling: Any Suggestions.... :help: . Thank you... Doe :help:

Advertisements

Impy

Impy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Some of windows mediaplayer 11's Visualizations can cause your music to skip.

Try playing the music without any visualizations and see if that fixes it.
or
Some sound card drivers are not yet compatible with vista, if you are using a sound blaster card you should be able to still use your original drivers my card is sound blaster Live and I am using the old drivers that came with the card, I used the compatibility wizard to force the install.

on another pc here we have an Audigy II card and we downloaded the latest drivers and player from creative and that works well with that card.

Also check you sound files by playing past the 2 minute mark of a song, for some weird reason if your sound drivers are not too good the songs start to crackle or skip after that point.

Hope this helps in some way :whistling:
kind regards
Impy

doecraig

doecraig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thanks for the reply.... I needed to update the drivers..... All is working well..... Thank you again... Doe..

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
my laptop does that but the drivers are up to date and visual is set to none. and also it takes like a minute to load a song!.... this laptop 3 days old...... i hate vista!