Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002 Error

• Please log in to reply

MyFavoriteTech

MyFavoriteTech

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
When using outlook 2002, all of a sudden when I try to do anything pertaining to mail, I get a "Not Implemented" box popping up. All of the other Outlook features appear to be fine. Any ideas?

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, MyFavoriteTech.

Here are some things to try:

1. Detect/Repair. Open Outlook, click the Help Menu, Detect/Repair. This can fix installation problems.

2. Inbox Repair Tool. Close Outlook. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033 and look for SCANPST.EXE. Execute this tool, browse for your PST file at C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\. If your PST file(s) isn't in this folder, do a Search for *.PST. Make a note of which folder.

3. Verify PST file locations. Close Outlook. Click Start, Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles. Highlight your profile (there may be only one profile listed, by default it's called Outlook), then click Properties, Data Files. You should see at least one file here. Highlight the file, then click Open Folder. Do you see that file in the folder that opened? If not, go back to the Outlook Data Files box, highlight that file and click Remove. Then click Add, browse to the folder that holds your PST file(s), select the file and click OK. Do this for each file you have listed in the Outlook Data Files box.

If these don't fix the problem, please provide the answers to these:

What has happened on your system between the time Outlook worked and now?

Is this a home computer or work computer?

What type of email account do you have set up? (POP3, MAPI, HTTP, etd)

MyFavoriteTech

MyFavoriteTech

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Sorry I did not mention this earlier. The problem is on a friends PC and he waited a month before contacting me. The first thing I did was delete the mail account and recreate it. No change. The next step I ran the scanpst utility no errors found, and no change. I have copied the PST to a new location but ran out of time, so I have not tried to aim at that file yet. That is where I left it. Pop3 by the way

Edited by MyFavoriteTech, 22 March 2007 - 10:32 AM.

MyFavoriteTech

MyFavoriteTech

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I resolved this issue. Thank you anyway. Running the repair from the install CD did the trick. The problem was that when you tried to access the data files from the Mail icon in control panel, it did not recognize the *.pst; Running the repair corrected that. Thank you for your assistance.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Glad you got it fixed :whistling: