Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger - help me

• Please log in to reply

PhilippineRabbit

PhilippineRabbit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yesterday, I attempted to create a 'screen shot' pressing "ALT" and "Print Screen/SysRq" at the same time. My machine did some really weird things, which were too fast for me to catch. (I am connected to the internet via Verizon DSL, which is always on - unfortunately.)

Now, on my "Start menu", I cannot access My Documents, My Pictures, My Music, My Computer, and My Network Places. I try it and get the 'hourglass' cursor, which goes away after about 15 seconds. From that point on, I cannot left click or right click anything on the "Start Menu". I can still get on lin (AOL) by clicking the icon on my desktop.

I get the following message at least once per hour (sometimes more):
-------------------------------------
DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

In your were in the Middle of something, the information you were working on may be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve DrWatson Postmortem Debugger. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this report contains, click here.
---------------------------------------
Sometimes, my computer freezes at this point, sometimes it does not. If it does, my CTRL-ALT-DEL sequence will not reboot me. I must depress and hold the reset button and my computer then goes down. I have a Dimension 4400 from Dell (P4 running at 1.8gigacycles). I have 80g HDD and 1 gig of RAM.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me. I can still use my computer, but only in a limited fashion. I can access all of the Start Menu items in SAFE MODE, but of course, can do little with them.

Thank you very very much for any help you can give me :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.geekstogo...o_Here-f37.html
wrong forum, please post here