Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using this program to transform my XP to Look Like a Vista

• Please log in to reply

Charliee03

Charliee03

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I found this program, since I cant afford Vista yet, and want my XP too look just like Windows Vista

Heres the Link to it

www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Vista-Transformation-Pack-Download-32042.html

Now Im not installing or anything yet, because I want to make sure incase something goes wrong I can restore the computer.

Whats your opinion on it? and How can I create a restore point incase it does mess the computer up?

Thanks guys

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there Charliee03, this Vista transformation Pack looks safe to download.

Although I must warn that when you have installed the transformation pack and want to remove it, this can have a few negative effects. Not huge effects making you not able to use the PC, but things like icons will be lost and a downgrade of system performance. I had already experienced this problem when using an older version of transformation pack, but maybe this upgrade will not give you any troubles...

This is a great way to start getting use to Vista, so enjoy and also remember to read all the prompts while installing the transform pack.

Shweet :whistling:

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Set a restore point before downloading and installing the program.....that way, you'll have something to fall back on.
a..
  • b..
  • Go to Start » All Programs » Accessories » System Tools, and
    select System Restore
    c..
  • In the System Restore prompt, select: Create a restore point
    d..
  • Click Next
    e..
  • Give a description to the new Restore Point. (Something like:
    Clean PC)
    f..