Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with recovery?

• Please log in to reply

ace_porate

ace_porate

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
Hello,

recently during an online gaming event i took a screenshot of an opponent taking advantage of a bug in order to beat me. The game staff needs the screenshot for evidence in my case, but after the game, when i went to paint, i was unable to copy.

I tried Ctrl+V and Edit -> Paste, but nothing happened. it seemed as though nothing was copied. Now, i'm sure i pressed Print Screen but for some reason it didn't copy.

I was wondering if anyone knew of how to access past copied images, or images saved to a temp folder or something from Print Screen.

Thank you very much for your help.

Joe "ace_porate"

PS - To any malware fighters out there, i used to be in GeekU and learned a TON from ScHwErV, Michelle, admin, and the rest. Pass on my regards if you can.

Advertisements

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
by no means this image is contained in the clipboard in your RAM, and it's not stored ion HD in temp folder.

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
To capture a game shot I think you would need a program such as SnagIt, Capture-It! or etc.

ace_porate

ace_porate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
oh man that's not good.

oh well, thank you for your assistance anyways.

Take care

ace