Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002

• Please log in to reply

abwhite

abwhite

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I open Outlook I get a message accross the screen that says "Unable to display the folder. Unable to load "cdooff.dll" You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file." I can find the dcooff.dll file in the Microsoft Office 10 directory. Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi, abwhite. Welcome to Geeks to Go!

1. What type of email account do you have configured? Is it Internet email, Exchange, or something else?

2. Has Outlook ever functioned properly? If so, what might have happened with your system between then and now?

3. What is your Operating System, including Service Packs. If Windows XP, is it Home or Professional Edition?

Here are a couple of things to try:
  • Detect/Repair. Open Outlook, click the Help Menu, Detect/Repair. This can fix installation problems.
  • Inbox Repair Tool. Close Outlook. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033 and look for SCANPST.EXE. Execute this tool, browse for your PST file at C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\. If your PST file(s) isn't in this folder, do a Search for *.PST. Make a note of which folder.
  • Verify PST file locations. Close Outlook. Click Start, Control Panel, Mail, Show Profiles. Highlight your profile (there may be only one profile listed, by default it's called Outlook), then click Properties, Data Files. You should see at least one file here. Highlight the file, then click Open Folder. Do you see that file in the folder that opened? If not, go back to the Outlook Data Files box, highlight that file and click Remove. Then click Add, browse to the folder that holds your PST file(s), select the file and click OK. Do this for each file you have listed in the Outlook Data Files box.
Please post the results.

abwhite

abwhite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply. The OS is XP pro, the account is an internet pop3 account and it all worked fine for about 2 years. The only thing that I can think of that has changed is the windows updates. I have uninstalled the Internet Explorer 7, no change. I also tried a restore back to last week. Still the same. When I get to work I will try what you suggested and see what happens. I'll let you know.
Thanks again.

abwhite

abwhite

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried everything you suggested and no luck. One thing I neglected to mention is that when you open Outlook it starts trying to install something. I also tried reinstalling the program with the original disks and no luck, I get an error message that it is not a valid Windows installation package. It does work on another computer though. I have backed everything up and am restoring back to original set up. Sometimes it's quicker to do this and I don't really have a lot of time. I have a presentation on Monday and need to get this thing working. Thanks for the help