Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation Problems with COD and RTCW

• Please log in to reply

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
I have just bought Call Of Duty and Return To Castle Wolfenstein (both 'best of Activision' titles) today and i'm having severe issues installing them. All my system specs match (or excede) the requirements of both games. All goes well during installation, CD reads and programs start just fine. The problems comes in during installation when the install wizard asks me to insert disk 2 during installation (with both programs). I insert the disk and click 'OK, after which the program basically crashes. I have restarted the computer and run various scans, but the problem keeps persisting. Any suggestions or help?

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
I'm confused,

All goes well during installation, CD reads and programs start just fine. The problems comes in during installation when the install wizard asks me to insert disk 2 during installation (with both programs). I insert the disk and click 'OK, after which the program basically crashes.

So, which is it??

:whistling:

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
I mean the installation starts just fine until it gets to the point where you have to insert disk 2 to carry on. Once you click OK, the installation just like freezes and eventually crashes.

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Problem solved. Just had to hold in the left Shift key when inserting Disk2 and installation carried on smoothly.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Why would you have to hold left shift?

If anyone has these problems please just manually install it see if that works first.

<<230 POSTS>> :whistling:

Edited by Jazza, 24 March 2007 - 07:00 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
holding the shift key gets around a problem with autorun

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Yup. I might add that this only worked so far with Call Of Duty, not with Wolfenstein. Also i've run into trouble with Call of Duty. I finished the sp-mode, now i want to uninstall it. For some reason it won't allow me? It shows that it is uninstalling and the uninstall-pgrogram runs and eventually says that uninstall is complete, but the Call Of Duty folder is still there with about 500mb of files (including the actual .exe files to run the game). When i try to uninstall it from there, i get an error message telling me it can't find install.log.