Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Broken?

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
For the Error 1772:

1) Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2) Double-click Network Connections.
3) Double-click the Local Area Connection to be configured, and then click Properties.
4) In the list of components, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
5) Click Advanced, and then click the WINS tab.
6) Click Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP, and then click OK.

For the Stop 0x000000B$ Error:

1) Upgrade the computer's BIOS to a version that resolves the issue. For information about upgrading your computer's BIOS, please contact the computer's manufacturer.

OR

2) Insert the video adapter in expansion slot 0 (the first PCI slot on the motherboard) until a BIOS revision that resolves the issue is available.

This may or may not do it. You could also run a memory test.

Ron

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Thanks.

I seem to be getting 1 short one though which would imply my system is OK =X

But it's still sitting there frozen at the POST screen ><

Btw, I've been told it's either my motherboard or my power supply.
I don't know if this is correct, just throwing that out there.

that would be my diagnosis too...were you static safe when you installed the new ram and video card..did you unplug from the wall

Edited by happyrck, 28 March 2007 - 09:13 AM.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
I may not have been. I think I may have inadvertantly sent a shock through the computer when I was installing the RAM.
I'm going to take it to my friend's shop today and he'll tell me whether I should get a new M-board or Power Supply.
I'd get both but my budget is rather slim after purchasing RAM and a new GFX card recently.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Also I think the Erorr 1722 should have been fixed as well as the 0x00000b4 one due to the new GFX card.
Once it eventually starts up, that is.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
let us know what the shop finds...

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Sure thing.
I'll be going today in the afternoon, so I'll post back later today with details on what they say.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
They called me yesterday and said it's either my motherboard, or the new RAM i installed.

They're going into further testing today and will call me in a couple hours on what it is.

Apparantly my board is an ECS board which is low-end, and my PSU is a Youngyear product which is also a low-end item according to them.

They think I should have both replaced, regardless.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you only have enough money to replace one...get a good power supply..a cheap one causes more problems than any other component and makes it look like other components are bad...making diagnosis harder

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Well, my computer has been working flawlessly the past two days - up until 20 minutes ago.
I was playing WoW when all of a sudden the game and computer froze up and nothing would do anything, I powered it down, and when I power it back up, my monitor got no signal, just sitting there on a blank screen. I tried replugging everything in like 15 times. I got my sister's monitor and hers gets no signal either. Any suggestinos..? ~_~

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Well I fixed it myself for the most part, but when I start up my computer I get a weird error message saying
Floppy disk(s) fail (40)

rAlso my compute completely freezes within 5-20 minutes of being started up.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what did you replace...PSU...
and how did you fix it...

Edited by happyrck, 08 April 2007 - 10:18 AM.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
My PC was working perfectly flawlessly for about 5 days and wasn't freezing at all - I just get the dumb floppy error thing (posted above)
I don't even have a floppy drive.
My monitor is tweaking out again today for some reason after working perfect for nearly a week.
Though I'm sure I'll fix that again by the time someone replies.
The only thing that's bothering me is that weird floppy error thing.
Anyone have any ideas?

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
To fix the floppy drive, check the BIOS to make sure there is no floppy drive in the boot up process. If there is not , just simply load the BIOS defaults.

As for the monitor problem, open up the case, and try reseating the video card