1) Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2) Double-click Network Connections.
3) Double-click the Local Area Connection to be configured, and then click Properties.
4) In the list of components, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
5) Click Advanced, and then click the WINS tab.
6) Click Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP, and then click OK.
For the Stop 0x000000B$ Error:
1) Upgrade the computer's BIOS to a version that resolves the issue. For information about upgrading your computer's BIOS, please contact the computer's manufacturer.
2) Insert the video adapter in expansion slot 0 (the first PCI slot on the motherboard) until a BIOS revision that resolves the issue is available.
This may or may not do it. You could also run a memory test.