Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spam

• Please log in to reply

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
how do i prevent this spams? everyday i get these... and on my other email i dont get these spams

Posted Image

Edited by realistpnoy, 23 March 2007 - 11:49 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Pretty much everyone gets spam like that, but you need to mark each one of those as spam. Don't know which email client you're using, but some have it so you can select all and then click block ot spam button. It will not stop the spam, but the more examples you submit as spam, the better the email client's spam filter works to send those to the spam/bulk folder. Only other alternative is to close that account out. It may have been picked up by spambots somewhere on the Internet where you may have posted your email address.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 24 March 2007 - 12:27 AM.

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
im using yahoo and it already marked as a spam and keep coming on my bulk folder

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Yahoo is bad about spam passing though it, but at least it is being put in the correct folder. Just select all and delete after you've checked that there isn't anything that got marked as spam by mistake. That's about all you can do. I have yahoo and gmail accounts and both fill up the Bulk folders.

Ron

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
how come on my other yahoo account...there is no spam why is that?