Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i.p

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

spakasi

spakasi

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
is there a way of chaging i.p??

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
IP address are assigned to you by your Internet Provider and is changed at their discretion. You can try to contact them to see if they will change it, but you need a good reason and hard evidence to support any reason you give, and the reason because you are banned from a website, IRC network, game, etc... are not valid reasons...

Here at GeeksToGo, we will not help anyone with the bypassing of a ban set in place no matter the reason, because if the ban was set up in the first place, there obviously was a good reason for it.

Now I am not saying that the reason you need to change your IP is because of one of the above reasons. You could be getting hacked by someone who has a grudge against you, in which case that would be a valid reason for what I suggested you try in the first paragraph, but because of the nature of most inquiries for changing IP addresses are related to what I stated in the second paragraph, I am closing this topic. I hope you understand.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 24 March 2007 - 08:17 AM.