Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Video Card FPS is the Same

• Please log in to reply

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Anyway I used to have a crappy fx5200 agp8x 256mb card. I could play counterstrike just fine with 40-70fps but its an old game
counterstrike source is a whole different story getting around 15-20fps normally and sometimes in a small confined hall it will shoot all the way up to 60fps
pretty much every other game i have i got really crappy fps in and not all of them even close to the graphics in Source.
So I ordered an ATI 9600XT
I used ATI Tool to overclock my old fx5200 and in 3d view i was getting like 21fps average. Went back to ATI Tool after I put in my 9600xt and I averaged 61fps
Id say thats a huge difference

Now for the problem.. In all my games I have tried my fps is pretty much exactally the same as with my old card. So I was wondering if there is something that could be holding my card back? Like my ram or cpu or anything that could cause this if it might not be working properly

Thanks for your time

Advertisements

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
what slot is the new card? pci, agp? im not looking it up im lazy :whistling:

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
agp8x like the other one

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
did you check bios and make sure its running as 8x and not 4x?

AMD 2400

AMD 2400

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
yep its in 8x