Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP printer won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

Computer painfully slow

Computer painfully slow

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have an HP deskjet 3520. I had the USB unattached for some time, and then reattached the USB at a later date. Now, the printer won't turn on, even with the USB and power chord attached. I also tried uninstalling the software, then reinstalling it. My printer still won't turn on. Any thoughts?

Best wishes,

Chris

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Printer should turn on even without the USB lead attached, provided it has a separate power cable of course. First port of call is check the fuse in the mains plug - either just change the fuse or try it in another low-wattage appliance such as a scanner or table lamp for confirmation of it's condition before proceeding to change it. Also may be worth checking the power cable connector is pushed firmly into the printer. Also, many printers use a 'two piece' power cable with a transformer-brick in between, so make sure the detachable cable is also pushed firmly into the transformer.

Computer painfully slow

Computer painfully slow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi PIP22. Sorry for the slow response. I've checked out everything you said, and I still can't get the printer to turn on. I even tried plugging the power cord into another oulet (it's attached to my power strip now) and now luck. Does that mean I should just replace the power cord, or are there other things to try first?

Best wishes,

Chris