Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

disk checking error on fat32

• Please log in to reply

mayank

mayank

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i dont know how but just by itself my system has resetted my profile and an error appears that it cannot load my profile
also disk checking error appears evrytime i start my computer on c:.e:,f: and if i do not cancel it it will not also check the disk and remain at 0 percent completed even if i leave it for 1 hour plzzzzzzz help
both these problems have occurred simultaneously

Edited by mayank, 26 March 2007 - 09:57 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If all three drive-letters (ie all three partitions) are on the same physical hard disk, it could be starting to fail. This cannot be fixed with software since it is wear and tear on the moving parts of the drive, including the platters which hold the data. Sometimes even manufacturing defects are to blame if the disk is new or recently new.

To ascertain if disk failure is the cause, you need to run a diagnostic test.
Seagate 'SeaTools' claims to work with any brand of hard disk:

http://www.seagate.c...nloads/seatools