Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

reccomended upgrades

• Please log in to reply

fortuitous

fortuitous

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
hi there,
could any of you people out there who really know what your talking about suggest some upgrades for my pc as i want to speed it up and just make it generally better. i play games and watch movies on my pc. the current spec is:

CPU Type ::: AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12 x 200) 3800+
Motherboard Name::: MSI K9N Ultra (MS-7250 v2) (3 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN):::
Motherboard Chipset ::: nVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra, AMD Hammer
Video Adapter ::: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (512 MB)
3D Accelerator ::: nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
RAM ::: 1GB DDR2 533MHz PC2-4200 240pin
Disk Drive ::: Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Many thanks, and by the way, im on a pretty tight budget, so value for money is important, but i can allwys save up if its worth it. all suggestions are welcome, the more the better. cheers again

Edited by fortuitous, 27 March 2007 - 05:05 PM.

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Everything looks pretty fine to me. Except the processor it's a single core. THIS is a pretty good processor and should work well with games. Descent price also.

Edited by SOORENA, 27 March 2007 - 09:13 PM.